Are you scared of the dental office? If so, this is the perfect blog for you! Our dental team wants you to feel as comfortable as possible while you are at our office, and we are happy to help you by recommending the following things:
• Bring someone you love and trust with you to your appointment. That way, you will have someone who can comfort and help you at any time. This will also help you feel more comfortable and relaxed in the dental chair.
• Bring some music with you and listen to it during your appointment. Generally, it is best to bring a new CD or new music so you can focus on that rather than your dentist and the treatment.
• Try relaxation techniques. If you control your breathing (by taking a deep breath, holding it for a couple seconds, and letting it out slowly), your heart rate will slow and you will feel more relaxed.
• Talk to your dentist about a “stop” signal. If you both agree on a signal, like raising your hand or blinking your eyes three times, your dentist will know when you are uncomfortable and when you need a break. This is a great way to get through your appointment on your own terms.
• Talk to your dentist about your dental sedative options. There are three different sedatives that are generally used to help patients keep calm, which are oral sedation, nitrous oxide sedation, and IV sedation. If you talk to your dentist about these options, you can find the right sedative that will help you feel better and more relaxed throughout your treatment.
If you would like more tips about staying calm and relaxed at the dental office, call our office now and talk to a member of our team. We are happy to help you!